This page is for instructors at UCalgary.
Faculty plays a larger role than you might recognize in ensuring students are able to obtain the textbooks and materials they need at reasonable prices. The University of Calgary relies on you, the instructors and faculty, to submit textbook lists for your courses in a timely fashion each semester. Timely lists allow us to source the correct textbooks and obtain an appropriate supply of used textbooks. We all know that more used textbooks are exactly what students want!
On the other hand, a delayed textbook list can result in inventory shortages, students unable to obtain required texts and a complete lack of quality used textbooks.
Please do your part and submit your textbook lists as early as possible each semester. Your students will thank you.
Winter: November 1
Spring/Summer: March 1
Fall: June 1
Custom Course Packs
The bookstore is no longer offering a course pack service. You can still get your course materials to your students in a couple of ways. Read more about custom course materials.
Textbook Requests – Let's get started.
To start a textbook request, you need a personalized link. This link can be passed on to your admins if they are doing the requesting, no password needed. You can access Verba Collect at anytime and from anywhere.
If you don't have a personalized link, visit our VerbaCollect site and enter your email address to get started. Your link will be emailed to you.
Verba Collect Features:
- Displays affordability scores for each book so instructors can factor cost into their decisions
- Show past books for each course, so it's easy to re-adopt
- Has messaging features within the system allowing for smooth contact between you and the buyer
- Import adoption information right in to the Bookstore for buying
- You can see when (and be emailed) when an adoption is “Approved” and entered into the bookstore’s system for order.
Need more information?
Access a video walkthrough.
Read the Instructor FAQ.
Need help or have a question? Email us.